We are pleased to announce the release of the Beta 3 of C#/XAML for HTML5!
This version adds support for WCF, SOAP, REST, Add Service Reference, XmlSerializer, Web API, and more!
- If you are among the registered Beta testers (registration is free at: http://www.cshtml5.com), you will soon receive an email titled “Beta 3 released” that contains your private download link. If you haven’t received it after Tuesday March 3th, 2015, please look in your “Spam” folder, and if you still cannot find it, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HTTP Calls:
- WCF SOAP support, via the “Add Service Reference” feature of Visual Studio. Methods are strongly typed and objects are automatically serialized/deserialized, which makes it very easy to develop client/server apps.
- REST and Web API support, via the “DownloadString” and “UploadString” methods of the “WebClient” class
- Read the WCF Limitations and Tutorials page for important information about HTTP calls
- Note: HTTP Calls require the Professional Edition (read below for more information). You can evaluate them for 60 days from within the Free Edition.
- XmlSerializer for serializing and deserializing C# types (read XmlSerializer Limitations and Tutorials)
- Improved level of support for many .NET types (added Guid and Guid.NewGuid(), added Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(), improved DateTime, and more)
- Improved XAML support (added PasswordBox, FontFamily, FontWeight, Border.Thickness, Border.BorderBrush, and more)
- New item template for creating “Page” controls
- Bug fixes including:
- Fixed UI glitches on IE 11 and in the simulator when running the Showcase app
- Fixed issues concerning the Binding markup extension
- Fixed the issue that prevented referencing a UserControl from another project
- Other minor fixes. If you find new issues, please contact us at email@example.com
INTRODUCING THE PROFESSIONAL EDITION:
- For more advanced features that are not part of the core C#/XAML stack, we are introducing the Professional Edition. At the moment, the Professional Edition comes with the HTTP-related features listed above (WCF “Add Service Reference”, REST / Web API support). In the future, it will also include many business-related features such as the DataGrid, Chart controls, extensibility, and more. The goal of the Professional Edition is to provide high-quality business-specific features with the tools and support for building professional apps.For more information about the Professional Edition, please read the Editions Comparison page.
- Be sure to check out the updated online Sample Showcase application for SOAP, REST, and XmlSerializer demos.
- Please keep voting for your most wanted features at http://cshtml5.uservoice.com
- To get support, please visit the forums or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since we launched the beta a few months ago, your feedback has been heartwarmingly positive and your offers for help have been incredibly uplifting. We want to thank you all so much for your support. In the future we are going to publish a document that explains how to extend C#/XAML for HTML5 to add new features. At the moment, the best way to help is to provide as much feedback as possible (by email, on Facebook, Twitter, or on the Forums), and to spread the word about CSHTML5.COM as much as you can. We are also open to any partnerships and are actively looking for sponsors. Please contact us for more information.
The C#/XAML for HTML5 Team